Doctor Cooper was a lecturer in Occupational Health and Safety at Aston University. For twelve years he managed Aston’s MSc in Risk Management and Safety Technology.
He is a principal examiner for Unit C of the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety. He also specialises in machinery and workplace transport safety and vehicle stability.
Doctor Cooper works as an expert witness in civil and criminal cases. Here are some examples of his previous cases:
- Birmingham City Council: Expert witness for the prosecution in a case concerning a forklift truck fatality in a retail warehouse.
- Bishop, Longbotham and Bagnell for the Family of the Deceased: Investigation into an overturned fork lift truck accident at a stone storage yard, Bath.
- Case involving Suffolk County Council: Concerning an accident involving a disc sanding machine in a school workshop.
- Provided construction (Isle of Man) assistance in defending a prosecution arising from a double fatality due to an overturned dumper truck on a sewer replacement project.
- Stewarts Law LLP, London: Expert for the claimant concerning an overturned compact tractor.
- Forest Safety Products: acted for the company as an expert witness in the Patents County Court.