Over the past decade a number of Hastam directors have acted as expert witnesses in health and safety, leading investigations, preparing reports and delivering evidence in a number of high profile cases; for example, the blast furnace explosion at the Port Talbot steel plant, the Buncefield oil storage depot explosion and the Potters Bar Rail crash. They have acted, in different cases, for both the defence and prosecution, and also for both parties in civil proceedings.
Some Health and Safety Expert Witness Cases
Our Top Health and Safety Expert Witnesses
- Professor Richard Booth – Construction, Chemical Processes, Education, Manufacturing, Music Festival Events, Conventional and Nuclear energy and Railways.
- Professor Andrew Hale – Chemical Processes and Railways.
- Doctor Tony Boyle – Conventional and Nuclear energy and Railways.
- Doctor Mark Cooper – Social Housing,Vehicles and Agricultural Machinery.
- Doctor Chris Hartley – Healthcare and Occupational health.
- Doctor David Wenham – Education and Manufacturing.
- Steve Highley – Chemical Processes.
The team has in-depth knowledge of health and safety regulation, legislation and safety management systems in a broad range of industries including manufacturing, construction, chemical, steel, transport and public services.
We have conducted investigations and provided expert witness reports for a wide range of incidents including those involving machinery, lifting equipment, falls, drowning, back injuries and explosions.
With access to a wide range of experts, a robust protocol and peer-review we can assist in most cases, providing a high quality, accessible report and a highly credible witness, should the case come to trial.
Please complete a contact form or call Liz Shuttleworth on 07889 318 775 if you would like to know more about our many expert witness experiences.