Improving safe behaviour with effective leadership
Who is the Leading and Behaving Safely course aimed at?
Anyone who takes a lead role in Health and Safety within an organisation. The LaBS programme is extremely interactive and designed to examine the fundamental issues regarding leading safety within each department/organisation.
What does the course aim to achieve?
The course aims to foster a clearer understanding of their own safety behaviour, how to empower the staff and other management, how to approach potential unsafe acts of others with confidence and commitment in various day to day activities.
What will you learn about?
The principles of safety leadership, recognising and approaching the types of people at work and how to truly interact with them. Understanding their own management and leadership styles and the powerful impact they have on a day to day basis on the team’s behaviours.
How many people on a Leading and Behaving Safely course?
A maximum of 12 delegates
Typical Course Outline
- Fundamental leading and behaving question
- What is meant by safety leadership?
- Why have leadership?
- Leadership V authority issues
- Listening and communication skills
- Understand the difference between management and leadership and where leadership applies within your role
- Understand the need for leading change and how that can be achieved
- Steps for leading others
- Handling difficult people
- Understand the role played by communication and the need to use influencing skills in your role
A review of the company’s safety strategy for moving safety forward