Mental health problems affect around 1 in 4 people at any one time, yet many workplaces are not doing all that they can to support employees in their everyday lives. Many employers simply don’t have knowledge of what they can do to help. This one day training course has been designed as an introduction to mental health to raise awareness of how important it is to the workplace.
Who is the Mental Health Awareness course aimed at?
This one day course is an introduction to mental health to raise awareness of it’s importance in the workplace. This course is suitable for all HR staff, health and safety advisors, managers, supervisors and employees who wish to understand more about mental health conditions so that employees can be better supported and positive mental health can be encouraged in the workplace. The course is an introduction to mental health and so no prerequisite knowledge or training is needed.
What does the course aim to achieve?
This Mental Health Awareness Course aims to raise an understanding of what mental health is so that employers, managers and supervisors can do more to support people, promote positive mental health in the workplace and encourage a healthy, tolerant working environment that enables all employees to perform at their best.
What will you learn about?
By the end of this one-day training course, delegates will be able to:
- Define mental health and have an awareness of the law in respect of mental health at work.
- Understand their role in managing mental health in the workplace to enable them to support people, promote positive mental health in the workplace and encourage a healthy, tolerant working environment for all employees.
- Be aware of the most common mental health problems so that they can recognise the types, their symptoms and how they affect people.
- Recognise the techniques that can be used to self-manage a mental health problem.
- Know how workers can be supported and the importance of promoting a healthy and tolerant workplace.
- Implement adjustments that can be made to the workplace so that employees feel happier, healthier and more supported whilst at work.
There are 5 modules during the day
- Module One: Introduction
- Module Two: Types of Mental Health Problems
- Module Three: Managing a Mental Health Problem
- Module Four: Supporting Mental Health in the Workplace
- Module Five: Workplace Adjustments
How many people on a course?
A maximum of 12 people